Motorcycle accidents can result in some of the most serious injuries possible. If you own a bike, it’s important to take precautions so this doesn’t happen to you. As your Charleston motorcycle accident lawyer, Cristin Uricchio of Uricchio Law Firm has some tips on how you can stay safe on the road:
- Make sure drivers see you – Most motorcycle accidents happen because the driver of a vehicle doesn’t see a biker. Keep your headlight on at all times. Wear colored clothing and helmets to increase your visibility during the day. Wear reflective clothing so drivers can see you at night.
- Don’t rely on a loud exhaust – No matter how loud your exhaust is, a driver still has to be near you to hear it. Loud exhausts aren’t a trustworthy form of protection on the road.
- Never assume right-of-way – Even though you may have the right-of-way, play it safe. Always keep a close eye on vehicles before you move through an intersection. Never assume that drivers will yield to you.
- Be careful at turns – A sharp turn could result in a terrible crash. Always pick a “crash spot” before you make a turn. Should you lose control, try to make it to a place that will result in the least amount of impact possible.
- Change lanes as needed – Many accidents happen from behind. If a vehicle is riding too close behind you, switch to a new lane.
Sometimes a crash can’t be avoided, even if you’re careful. If you’ve suffered injuries in a motorcycle accident, please call Uricchio Law Firm today. Our firm’s Charleston motorcycle accident lawyer, Cristin Uricchio, will review your case and help you receive the compensation you deserve.