Auto accidents are a routine occurrence at busy intersections. Unfortunately, the nature of these accidents can cause serious injuries and extensive damage to your vehicle. In a perfect world, we could stop all auto accidents from occurring. But until that happens, your best defense is to stay alert for some of the most common causes of intersection crashes. Charleston car accident attorney Cristin Uricchio of Uricchio Law Firm urges you to be aware of the following situations.
- Speeding: Not only is going too fast against the law, it can prevent drivers from stopping in time for a stop sign or traffic light. Keep your eyes open for drivers who are speeding whenever you approach an intersection.
- Tailgating: A vehicle that’s right on your bumper will have a difficult time stopping. Make note of these types of drivers and try to get out of their way when it is safe to do so.
- Frequent, unpredictable lane changing: Steer clear of drivers that switch lanes without signaling or checking blind spots. Their carelessness can lead to a serious crash.
- Risky passing and merging: Just like with lane changing, drivers who merge or pass in a dangerous manner may cause a crash when they enter an intersection..
- Failing to yield and breaking other traffic laws: Failure to yield the right of way is one of the most common causes of intersection crashes. Be mindful of this and other traffic laws as you drive and observe other drivers.
If you’ve been hurt in an intersection crash or any other type of auto accident, call Uricchio Law Firm to tell us your story. Our Charleston car accident attorney, Cristin Uricchio, will review your case and let you know about your legal options.